3 Things You Should Know About Quinoa
Our quinoa tamales aren't just a delicious option for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They're made with quinoa, a superfood you may have heard a lot about. Here are 3 things you should know about quinoa!
Quinoa is a super seed, not a grain.
• Although quinoa is widely perceived as a grain, it is actually the seed of the quinoa plant.
• It is prepared and consumed like a grain, but is a great gluten-free alternative to grains like wheat or barley.
• Quinoa is closely related to amaranth, an ancient grain native to the southwest and central america.
Quinoa is a complete amino protein.
• Quinoa contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a great staple food for a healthy diet.
• One serving of quinoa contains 16% of the recommended daily protein intake for adults.
• Quinoa is also very high in fiber, making it a digestive-boosting "clean fiber".
Quinoa is rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
• Antioxidants like quercetin and kaempferol found in quinoa help fight free radicals and relieve inflammation.
• Folate, a B vitamin found in quinoa, helps promote cell function and tissue growth.
• Quinoa contains important minerals like copper, magnesium, zinc and phosphorus, which are essential to helping your body run efficiently.
All the quinoa at Pharm Table is pressure cooked to remove lectins and increase digestibility and nutrients!
You can try our Quinoa Tamal Bowl, quinoa-crust Kale Pizza and Mexican Huarache in our cafe or order online through UberEats and Favor.
We offer Quinoa Tamales as a catering package item. View our menus here!
Our Quinoa Tamales are also available for home delivery through Farmhouse Delivery!