Why We Love Avocados
Native to Mexico, avocados are a fruit and a superfood packed with healthful benefits, making them a great addition to any healthy diet!
Avocados contain 20 vitamins and minerals.
• Avocados are rich in Vitamin C, making them a great immunity booster.
• Avocados are also a great source of Vitamin K, which can help increase calcium absorption in the body.
• Avocados contain antioxidants that promote eye and bone health.
Avocados contain good fats
• Most of the calories in avocados come from fat, making them keto and ketotarian friendly options.
• Although high in fat, avocados contain healthful monounsaturated fat, also found in nuts and olive oil.
• Consuming good fats sends signals to your brain that your body is full, and can help you eat smaller portion sizes.
Avocados help regulate digestion.
• Avocados are high in fiber! There are 6-7 grams of fiber per half.
• Because of their high fiber content, avocados are low in net carbs, around 5-6 grams per serving.
• Both soluble and insoluble fiber are present in avocados, and both are beneficial for digestion and nutrient absorptions.
You can try our Warm Keto Avocado Collard Salad, Avocado Collard Bowl and Avocado Chocolate Mousse in our cafe or order online through UberEats and Favor.
Our Avocado Chocolate Mousse is also available for purchase at Whole Foods Market!